Monday, March 1, 2010

Art-Full

































How do readers?? are ya enjoying winter in whatever form it is visiting you....I am happy with the sprinwinter(spring,winter) this year how grateful i am that being here this year that last years winter didn't repeat..yahoo!!! i continue to yearn for blue skies,humid air and sunshine..however writing that i am happy to be where i am today as an artist in residence.

Today is my six months that i began this adventure...so as of March 1st i have four months to complete my body of work!!! Yikes.i am border line overwhelm and hysteria especially when i look at the big picture..Stay with me here for a minute while i BREATHE! its full moon today

Quickening moon:
This is a month when new life is beginning, but still lies dormant. Pregnant animals, due in the spring, begin to feel the quickening of their unborn young. The earth itself is quickening, as seeds and bulbs far beneath the soil begin their journey towards the light. We know these things are coming -- and we know also that this is a good month to make plans for the future. We can dream and hope, and set goals for ourselves. Accept responsibility for mistakes you've made in the past, and move on. Magical workings this month should focus on personal achievements and advancement.

Progress is perking away in the studio,i have had to stop with bringing any new creative ideas aboard as my creative hands runneth over....

The title is fitting of my past week....Casa De Sanctuary/Studio was full up with guests coming and going...the truly kewl factor is they are all are artists..yep yep..

Monday: Krystin from Mission came for a play time in the studio...as usual we chattered and created...Krystin has worked her artistic magic on invitations for my show in July...I'll share a sneak peek soon. Take a stroll over to Krystin's blog to see more of her art.

http://www.walkingwithkrystin.blogspot.com/

Tuesday: Violette from White Rock also came for a play time but we ended up talking and brainstorming which is a bonus as it helped me push through some blocks i was having with some of my pieces.. u know the drill stroll on over, i love her work.

http://www.violette.ca/blog.html
if u scroll down a day or two u will read Violette's thoughts on her visit to Casa De Sanctuary. The title of the entry violette wrote is called "Assemblage Heaven"

Wednesday: Daniel from New Jersey USA,picked up Daniel on Tuesday night ...I met Daniel last year in San Miguel,Mexico and he has been a great supporter of me..this young man is uber talented..this is his second trip to Canada to visit me ,last year a couple of months after i returned from Mexico and this time which is perfect timing as i have been grieving Mexico lately.(it will be one year March 7th that i returned from Mexico) My new website was built by Daniel.Love his Text and Thoughts Work

http://www.danielpatrick.org/
http://www.thepricelesschapel.com/

Wednesday: I hired a couple of the teenagers from the Alternative school to come to my studio to build some of my pieces.

Thursday: I facilitate a art programme that i set up for the Alternative High School once a week,this is part of my outreach for my artists residency.

Friday:The end of an Art-full week at Casa De Sanctuary,i am exhausted but so creatively filled..Thanx so much for reading along

The beginning of March has me with a consistent full schedule but i love the fact that its all art related....I got a load of gratitude for my life right now...............IT ROCKS..

Well its 8:36pSunday night February 28thfull moon,i have a gal pal visiting but felt compelled to finish this up....Thanx so much for stopping in.......let me know that u have passed by here leave me a
word or two....

In Artistic Solidarity
Rhonda

Pictures:

1. daniel &moi in the gallery

2.Alt School art project for gallery show in April (chair)

3.Alt School art project for gallery show in April (screen)

4.Daniel working in the classroom at the alt school

5.Building of my art pieces...Justin,Harley and yours truly

6.Justin and Harley working it

7.Violette

8.Creativity by Krystin

9.Krystin

10.Studio piece in progress

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you survived the week! It's also nice, after hearing all about Daniel, to put a face to the name.

    As always.... thanks for sharing!

    Peace.... and creative wishes,
    Krystin

    ReplyDelete