Monday, January 11, 2010

In The New Year of 2010






Howdy and Blessings of an abundant 2010;
I hope this writing finds u rested from the holidays..I return from a recent trip to Washington DC to visit my daughter. enjoyed myself but i am glad to be back at Casa De Sanctuary..

One of the sights i wanted to partake of while in DC was the Smithsonian and i did get to see one of my fave museums which was the museum of African American Art..it rocked!!! there was an artist that i truly embraced his work..

Yinka Shonibare.co.uk

The colors,subject of his work truly hit home for me on so many levels..check him out
I didn't create anything while i was away and began feeling that shortly before i returned home.
Although i am not back in the Gallery on weekends until the beginning of March, there are other spots in my daily calendar that require my attention. I am almost halfway through my residency and its been a kewl ride thus far and the experiences that has come my way.

I will be posting my new website url shortly so stay tuned...This is short and sweet but i wanted to pop into to say How Do?? I do not make resolutions anymore haven't done that for years..i try and live one day at a time.

I have posted a few pics of Solstice 2009 which i consider my xmas celebrations,in particular i would like to share one of the pics...My friend Mary and i began this when we were in Mexico on the balcony of the Casa i was housesitting..we would write our doubts ,fears in chalk on the balcony then we would dance on them while singing....we introduced this to two of my other gals pals on Xmas Day as we all bundled and walked..we wrote down our doubts and fears and respecting the privacy i didn't take pics of our words...we sang and danced away on the beach..

Happy 2010 Friends and Family

Big Hugs;
Rhonda

Pics:

1.Yinka Shonibare piece called "Black Gold"

2. Taylor and moi

3.Dancing our doubts away

4.My hood,Harrison Hot Springs...hanging with the gal pals

5.Solstice Setting

No comments:

Post a Comment